Pharma Tech Industries is a leading contract manufacturer to the world's most trusted health and wellness brands. Pharma Tech Industries is seeking to hire a Safety Specialist for its facility in Royston, GA.
Perform all duties necessary as the Safety Specialist, under the general direction of the Director of Safety & Environmental. Assist in developing and executing Standard Operating Procedures based on industry regulation. Assist in developing and executing training on safety systems. Facilitate and/or execute audits of safety systems. Help minimize the risk of job-related accidents by monitoring operations to eliminate hazardous activities.
Key Position Requirements:
- Able to read and understand OSHA 29 CFR 1910 General Industry regulations
- Able to read and understand regulatory information from sources such as NIOSH, ANSI, NFPA etc.
- Proficiency in computer systems such as Microsoft Office
- Write procedures for best practices and develop training documentation for safety topics
- Deliver safety training to workforce
- Develop and execute audits of safety & environmental systems
- Work with third party contractors and consultants
Education, Experience, Special Skill Preferred:
- Associate Degree in technical field (engineering, EHS) preferred
- Computer knowledge including spreadsheet, word processing, and other commercial packages required
- Background in Safety systems and/or support of such systems including but not limited to Hazard Communication, Personal Protective Equipment, Electrical Safety, Lock Out Tag Out, Medical Emergencies, Emergency Preparedness, Ergonomics, Process Safety, Machine Guarding
- OSHA 10 hour training (preferred) Must be willing to obtain
Responsibilities and duties:
- Facilitate employee involvement
- Assist in implementing procedures for identifying and controlling workplace hazards
- Communicate safety plans, rules and work procedures
- Conduct or provide training for all employees in safe and healthful work practices
- Conduct and/or facilitate plant audits for compliance
- Conduct new equipment safety evaluation
- Research regulatory information and recommend new/revised SOP’s
- Research technical information and recommend new/revised SOP’s
- Assist in transforming SOP’s into an efficient training package
- Deliver training for new hires, transfers, new topics, monthly safety meetings as directed
- Assist outside contractors in tasks such as noise analysis, ergo analysis etc.
- Assist in maintaining all records and documents
- Specify and order safety gear and supplies
- Other tasks as defined by Director of Safety and Environmental
- Must communicate effectively with peers and management. Possibly in a formal/presentation style setting
- Must be self managed and require minimal direction of supervision.
- Must take ownership of the responsibilities listed in this document.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general functions and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of any employee assigned to this job. There will be other tasks and assignments as required to ensure maximum flexibility.