Supply Chain Planner/Buyer (Union, MO)
Pharma Tech Industries is a leading contract manufacturer to the world's most trusted health and wellness brands. Pharma Tech Industries is seeking to hire a Supply Chain Planner/Buyer for our manufacturing facility located in Union, MO.
The Supply Chain Planner/Buyer position is a key role within our strategic plan for Supply Chain management. Excellent organizational skills, ability to balance short term priorities and exceptional information analysis skills are a necessity. Key objectives will be achieving/improving/exceeding targeted customer service levels, managing inventory levels and targets, and managing supply and demand within the total supply chain. Reporting to the Director of Supply Chain, this position is based out of our manufacturing location in Union, MO.
- Plan and execute production schedules to support internal and external orders for components, including procurement of raw materials from global suppliers.
- Maintain strong working relationships and communications with manufacturing and key suppliers to confirm production/shipping schedules and monitor open purchase orders for all orders to ensure on-time deliveries.
- Proactively report product and material availability issues.
- Analyze and manage MRP.
- Revise essential system planning data (Forecast maintenance, etc.) to ensure our Syspro system is effectively planning future requirements.
- Inventory Management: Support reporting, inventory parameters, obsolescence tracking.
- Maintain purchase order status and follow up on shipment tracking information.
- Interface with and support Project Management team on developmental projects for the purpose of scheduling, and meeting of material requirements and reporting on status project meetings.
- Supplier Management: Support role in - RFQ, Cost saving initiatives, Negotiations, Supplier relationship/evaluation.
- Provide support to Customer Service, Sales team, Project Management, and Procurement with business and product strategy.
- Participate and contribute to monthly inventory reduction items, program management & metrics, S&OP (Sales & Operations Planning) process.
- Complete special projects and assignments as requested.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Operations, or Supply Chain is preferred.
- Minimum 3 years relevant experience (planning & procurement) in manufacturing required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Syspro ERP system experience preferred.
- APICS CPIM/CSCP, CPSM certification completed or in progress, preferred.
- Knowledge and understanding of Supply Chain concepts and application.
- Strong analytical, planning and organizational skills.
- Effective negotiation skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills (oral & written).
- Self-starter with ability to work independently under pressure and react quickly to changing priorities.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general functions and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of any employee assigned to this job. There will be other tasks and assignments as required to ensure maximum flexibility.